Tuesday 3 April 2007

I love ecotourism

Arenal, Costa Rica. I'm typing this just a few miles from the base of one of the most active volcano's in the world. The last time it erupted, the force of the blast wiped out three villages. I'd like to describe it's perfect conical shape and glowing lava fields, but I can't because the damn thing is covered in cloud. Grrr.

The Hot Springs near by are brilliant though. 20 odd pools of differant temperatures, carved into the hillside. The hottest is 67 degrees celcius. Imagine going for a swim inside a kettle. That Hot. They also had a bar which is nice.

For those culture vultures amongst you I attended a football match in San Jose. Saprissa the local team played a near rival. In a dual to the death of play acting and fancy footwork it was a close contest. The game ended nil nil but I ca report the half time pies were excellent.

1 comment:

Hackney Cyclist said...

0-0? Sounds dull. You should've seen the mighty reds destroy Roma 7-1 at Old Trafford. Oooh, it was a good one.

Not missing the roadworks then...?