Saturday 23 June 2007

Adelaide update

After feeling a bit in limbo in Noosa, I decided to jump on a plane and get to Adelaide. The easyjet effect seems to be racing around the planet, and JetStar which is an offshoot of Quantas got me there for a pretty good 50 quid.

This city has a reputation for being a bit dull compared to Sydney or Melbourne, but I think that's a little harsh. The centre is pretty and easy to get around, with trams and even a free bus. The locals appear pretty chipper and there seems to always have a festival going on (Currently it's a Cabaret fest).

I was in two minds wether to go straight to Perth, or stop here and take the train. So obviously I've not done either of those options and I've booked on a 4x4 expidition through the red centre. The thought of sharing a backpacker bus full of 18 year olds, made me shiver. But then I found a small company, Heading Bush, which looks pretty good, and we get to sleep under the stars in Swags. Hopefully it should be good fun and the trip will get back on to a good footing after this not so great week. We head out on Monday at oh-my-god o'clock. Nice.

No comments: